...it doesn't exist.

My current blog is next in the series on disruption in academic libraries.
Part of it is based on the "Reaching for the Reachable" debate in this
forum. My point is not directly about open access, though I believe it can
have a major positive impact on open access.

The Isentropic Disruption

The free dissemination of research is intrinsically good. For this reason
alone, we must support open-access initiatives in general and Green Open
Access<http://openaccess.eprints.org/index.php?/archives/910-For-the-Perplexed-GOAL-Reader-Reaching-for-the-Reachable.html>
in
particular. One open repository does not change the dysfunctional
scholarly-information market, but every new repository immediately expands
open access and contributes to a worldwide network that may eventually
create the change we are after.

Some hope that Green Open Access together with other incremental steps will
lead to a“careful, thoughtful transition of revenue from toll to open
access”<http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/pipermail/goal/2012-July/000764.html>
. Others think that eminent leaders can get together and engineer a
transition to a pre-defined new
state.<http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/pipermail/goal/2012-July/000794.html>
It
is understandable to favor a gradual, careful, thoughtful, and smooth
transition to a well-defined new equilibrium along an expertly planned
path. In...

http://scitechsociety.blogspot.com/2012/07/isentropic-disruption.html

--Eric.

http://scitechsociety.blogspot.com