Hi Larry,
Thanks a lot for your message signaling the situation in the humanities. This
is exactly to this end that alternative models to the green-gold yoke have been
put in place in such platforms as openedition-revues.org (which I guess you're
aware of). We need a little bit more creativity on the scholarly side if we
actually want to see our results openly disseminated.
Have a read at: http://www.openedition.org/8873
Laurent
PS: Marin Dacos, the master mind behind openedition

Laurent Romary
INRIA & HUB-IDSL
laurent.rom...@inria.fr