From: goal-boun...@eprints.org [mailto:goal-boun...@eprints.org] On Behalf Of
Jan Velterop
Sent: 07 August 2012 17:11
To: Global Open Access List (Successor of AmSci)
Cc: Omega Alpha | Open Access
Subject: [GOAL] Re: First use of the phrase "open access"?

Gary,

About half a year before the BOAI meeting in December of 2001, in the early
summer of 2001, BioMed Central already used the term on its web site ("BioMed
Central's unshakeable commitment to open access."). And ever since. See Wayback
Machine 9 July 2001:
http://web.archive.org/web/20010709143907/http://www.biomedcentral.com/<http://web.archive.org/web/20010709143907/http:/www.biomedcentral.com/>.

Best,

Jan Velterop