You really should read this statement by a publisher. They charge $3000 for
hybrid OA (what do they spend it on?) plus possible costs for unwanted
colour printing (can you request monochrome in the print version and avoid
the charge? I cannot conceive why online colour costs any more), reprints
(what possible use are they in this era?) and then finish by writing:

"CSIRO PUBLISHING journals contain a mixture of Open Access and subscription
access content. In our annual review of subscription prices we consider the
amount of subscription access content we expect to publish in the following
year. Open Access content does not influence subscription price
calculations."

Really? The Open Access content does not affect the subscription? So if they
thought that no researcher expected a free ride, what would they do? Is this
a promise of zero subscriptions?

The statement is at http://www.publish.csiro.au/nid/247.htm.

Arthur Sale