I've got no problem with Andrew Adam's "advice" concerning publishers' possible
(albeit unlikely) lawsuits or take-down requests when I read it in the context
of the page where it appears.

Andrew is careful enough to state first: "Where the publisher requires an
embargo or does not allow for open access, the full text must still be
deposited but set to closed access in the repository software."

If one follows **this** advice, no copyright infringement will occur. But it is
always possible that one misreads or misunderstands a publishers' policy, which
may be sometimes unclear, even self-contradictory, as has been discussed in
this forum. In that case, a good-faith response to a take-down notice (i.e.
reverting to closed access) seems to me to satisfy both law and ethics.

Marc Couture