William Gunn asks:

> Marc, that's been their standard line since I first heard of them, about a
> year ago. What part of it do you find interesting?

Well, there has been much discussion here about gold-OA "business" models, with
two extremes (I'd say) frequently mentioned:

- large (i.e. many journals) publishers with hefty (generally a few k$) author
page charges, either to generate profit or simply cover their costs;

- small publishers with private or (more often) public funding, and a lot of
voluntary work, completely free of charge for authors.

Here is a mid-road model: a large (I don't know if it really qualifies, but it
is clearly in the same league as the big ones), not-for-profit publisher with
enough funding, on a continued basis (so it seems), to allow for reasonable
page charges. Well, hopefully, as there is no way to know at this stage how
things will turn out after the initial, free-of-charge period.

I don't know of any other example (but maybe there are).

Marc Couture