Am 12.12.12 09:41, schrieb Richard Poynder:

Thanks for the comments David. Your point about not equating Gold OA with APCs is well taken.

But it also invites a question I think: do we know what percentage of papers(not journals, but papers) published Gold OA today incur no APC charge, and what do we anticipate this percentage becoming in a post-Finch world?

perhaps this http://svpow.com/2012/12/10/what-does-it-cost-to-publish-a-gold-open-access-article/ might help for a start? If the numbers are correct, it shows a strong bias in the Finch report's numbers towards the always costly domain of medicine ...

Hans