Dear Mary,

Many thanks for posting interesting questions. I think the moderator of
this online discussion indicates 'young researchers' to PhD/ M.Phil./
M.Tech./ M.D./ M.S. students and aged between 20 and 35 years.
Conferences usually give platforms to young researchers for sharing their
research results/ findings. This is quicker publishing mode and also
researchers get quick feedback from discussants and audiences. That's why
young researchers prefer to publish conference papers, at least in South
Asia.

With Best Regards

Anup