Dana Roth writes

> it is totally unrealistic to assume serious researchers have the
> time to wade thru anything more than a fraction of what is being
> published.

  Sure.

> Is there really anything better than limiting current awareness to
> high quality peer reviewed journals,

  Of course there is better. Get yourself a precise topic-focused
  current awareness service that delivers people the papers they need
  to look at based on their topics rather than the outlet that they
  were published, and that delivers them now, rather in years' time
  when the papers have gone through "peer-review" whatever that means.

  I have created such a service for RePEc at http://nep.repec.org.
  I want to work on creating similar services for areas other than
  economics.

--

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                  http://openlib.org/home/krichel