Heather,

When you say "CC licenses are a waiver of one's rights under copyright", I
think this only refers to the right to reproduce the text, and not to other
rights such as the author's moral rights. Of the moral rights, CC licenses
stress the attribution of authorship - which partially corresponds to the
"paternity" and the "misattribution" rights - but are vague regarding the
integrity right. The fact that the US is the intellectual home of CC is no
doubt to blame, since although the US finally signed Berne, it never
adopted the moral rights component of the Treaty (holding that case law
covered these issues adequately). This is an unresolved issue, I believe.

Best,

Chris

Chris Zielinski
ch...@chriszielinski.com