The only essential cost in peer-reviewed research publication in the online
(PostGutenberg) era is the cost of managing peer review.

Harnad, S (2014) The only way to make inflated journal subscriptions
unsustainable: Mandate Green Open Access
<http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/impactofsocialsciences/2014/04/28/inflated-subscriptions-unsustainable-harnad/>
. *LSE Impact of Social Sciences Blog **4/28 *
http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/impactofsocialsciences/2014/04/28/inflated-subscriptions-unsustainable-harnad/

Harnad, S. (2014) Crowd-Sourced Peer Review: Substitute or supplement for
the current outdated system?
<http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/impactofsocialsciences/2014/08/21/crowd-sourced-peer-review-substitute-or-supplement/>
 *LSE Impact Blog* 8/21 August 21 2014
http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/impactofsocialsciences/2014/08/21/crowd-sourced-peer-review-substitute-or-supplement/
Harnad, S. (2010) No-Fault Peer Review Charges: The Price of Selectivity
Need Not Be Access Denied or Delayed <http://eprints.ecs.soton.ac.uk/21348/>.
D-Lib Magazine 16 (7/8)
<http://www.dlib.org/dlib/july10/harnad/07harnad.html>.
http://eprints.ecs.soton.ac.uk/21348/