De : goal-boun...@eprints.org [mailto:goal-boun...@eprints.org] De la part de
Bosman, J.M. (Jeroen)
Envoyé : lundi 25 mai 2015 20:40
À : Global Open Access List (Successor of AmSci)
Objet : [GOAL] Re: Two-thirds of DOAJ journals do not have article processing
charges

Heather,

these are useful data, but in the interpretation of these we will have to
reckon with journal size distributions. What would be helpful is having data on
the number of articles in these journals. It is very likely that smaller
journals are overrepresented in the non-APC OA group and that the share of non
APC OA output by number of articles is substantially lower than 64%. Maybe 50
percent or even 40? I do not like guessing, so I hope someone will look into
this and come up with some data based on article counts.

Best,
Jeroen