From: goal-boun...@eprints.org [mailto:goal-boun...@eprints.org] On Behalf Of
Danny Kingsley
Sent: Thursday, August 6, 2015 9:37 AM
To: ukcorr-discuss...@jiscmail.ac.uk; goal@eprints.org
Subject: [GOAL] Journals Consortium Archive - dodgy or legit?

Hello all,

One of our PhD students has received an offer to upload their thesis to
something called the 'Journals Consortium Archive'
http://journalsconsortium.org/

I have never heard of them, the 'About us' tab is a file not found and there is
no information yet about Australia or the UK. This raises some suspicions (to
say the least).

But before I respond with a loud warning to the student I would like to check
that this is not some new start up that is legitimate. Please let me know if
you have had a positive experience with these people.

Regards

Danny

INTRODUCING ARCHIVE OF POSTGRADUATE DISSERTATIONS

Dear Dr. XXXX,

We are glad to introduce to you the Journals Consortium Archive of
Postgraduate Dissertations [1].

Postgraduate thesis/dissertations are resources of immense research
value across academic disciplines. Unfortunately, most
thesis/dissertations tend to be restricted to university libraries and
archives.

Journals Consortium Postgraduate Archive
http://pgd.journalsconsortium.org/ [1] provides a new and exciting way
of digitally archiving postgraduate thesis/dissertations. This enables
postgraduate students to archive their thesis/dissertations by uploading
them to the Journals Consortium Postgraduate Archive platform. This not
only extend these thesis/dissertations work from university libraries to
the global academic community, but also gives them a global audience and
better chances for these thesis/dissertations to be cited by other
researchers.

Using the Open Access model, these thesis /dissertations will be freely
available to all researchers by simply visiting the Journals Consortium
Postgraduate Archive website [1].

Please inform your colleagues and students of this archive and encourage
them to submit their postgraduate theses/dissertations.

Yours sincerely,

Postgraduate Dissertations Department

Journals Consortium

dissertati...@journalsconsortium.org<mailto:dissertati...@journalsconsortium.org>