Dear all,

New repository name revealed
In 2005, Cambridge University implemented a new open source repository platform
DSpace, as one of the worldwide 'test-bed institutions'. Now, a decade later,
we are undergoing a substantial upgrade of the repository to increase its
capabilities. Part of this process has been for us to choose a new repository
name. We have been running a competition to ask our community for ideas - and
the winner is [… drumroll ...] Apollo.

Apollo is a god of learning, healing and creativity - the god of truth and
light and leader of the Muses. This makes him the perfect symbol for a
cross-disciplinary repository containing research from every branch of the
University - Arts, Humanities, Science, Technology, Engineering and Medicine.

We will be upgrading the look of the repository over the next few months, so
watch out for the new logo to appear!

Presentation at the Royal Society of Chemistry
Today, Dr Danny Kingsley spoke about ‘The purpose, practicalities, pitfalls and
policies and managing and sharing data in the UK’ at the Royal Society of
Chemistry Chemical Information and Computer Applications Group conference. The
slides for the talk are available on Slideshare -
http://www.slideshare.net/DannyKingsley/the-purpose-practicalities-pitfalls-and-policies-of-managing-and-sharing-data-in-the-uk

<http://www.slideshare.net/DannyKingsley/the-purpose-practicalities-pitfalls-and-policies-of-managing-and-sharing-data-in-the-uk>
 and the blog went live today as part of the Office of Scholarly Communications
Open Access Week series. A run down:
The data policy landscape
Places to share data
What are we actually trying to achieve?
Researcher responses
We are trying to start at the end instead of the beginning
Basics of Research Data Management
Who owns the data?
Required skillsets for managing and curating data
Training available
Issues and consequences of not sharing data
Read more: unlockingresearch.blog.lib.cam.ac.uk/?p=350
<https://t.co/PWYyPhZK7i>

Danny

Dr Danny Kingsley
Head of Scholarly Communications