Stevan Harnad writes

> Shame on SSRN.

  Why? I am certainly looking forward to SSRN becoming as undynamic as
  Mendeley after an Elsevier takeover.

> I don't know about Arxiv (needless centralization and its concentrated
> expenses are always vulnerabe to faux-benign take-overs) but what's sure is
> that the distributed network of Green institutional repositories worldwide
> is not for sale, and that is their strength...

  RePEc can not be bought either. I created it before institutional
  repositories came along. It is based on the same principles as
  institutional repositories.

--

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                  http://openlib.org/home/krichel