*With apologies for cross-posting*

This week, Springer Nature published a report called 'The OA effect: How does
open access affect the usage of scholarly books?'

This report is the first major comparative analysis of usage data for open
access (OA) and non-OA scholarly books. Our findings establish that there is a
performance benefit from publishing a book OA as they are downloaded seven
times more, cited 50% more and mentioned online ten times more.

The interviews we conducted with authors and funders also revealed some common
themes around why they publish and fund open access books, from increased
visibility and wider dissemination to ethical motivations.

Read the full report here: https://goo.gl/LB9kP6

Best regards,

Christina Emery

Marketing Manager, Open Access Books

Open Research, Springer Nature

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is confidential and should not be used by anyone who is
not the original intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error
please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or any other storage
mechanism. Macmillan Publishers Limited does not accept liability for any
statements made which are clearly the sender's own and not expressly made on
behalf of Nature Research  or one of their agents.
Please note that Macmillan Publishers Limited and their agents and affiliates
do not accept any responsibility for viruses or malware that may be contained
in this e-mail or its attachments and it is your responsibility to scan the
e-mail and attachments (if any).