Fra: open-science <open-science-boun...@lists.okfn.org> på vegne af Jon Tennant
<jon.tennan...@gmail.com>
Sendt: 26. oktober 2018 16:55
Til: scholc...@lists.ala.org; open-scie...@lists.okfn.org;
radicalopenacc...@jiscmail.ac.uk; f11discuss...@force11.org;
opencon-discussion-l...@googlegroups.com; goal@eprints.org;
openscie...@lists.uni-goettingen.de; lis-bibliometr...@jiscmail.ac.uk;
psci-...@jiscmail.ac.uk
Emne: [open-science] Reporting Elsevier to the EU competitions authority

Dear list members,

With apologies for cross-posting, as always.

Hopefully many of you will find this interesting. Björn Brembs and myself have
filed a formal complaint today regarding RELX and the wider scholarly
publishing market to the EU competition
authority<http://ec.europa.eu/competition/index_en.html>. It is available
online<https://zenodo.org/record/1472045#.W9MpE5P7RPa> for anyone to see.

This is distinct from the complaint made about Elsevier and the Open Science
Monitor, and reflects decades of frustration in this system and an attempt to
resolve many of the issues we all know so well.

At the present, the content of this complaint can be re-used to suit others who
might wish to file similar complaints in their countries, where possible.

Wishing you all a good weekend,

Jon

  Nomadic Palaeontologist, Rogue Open Scientist; PhD, MEarthSci, MSc

  *   Founder of paleorXiv<https://paleorxiv.org/>, a free digital publishing
platform for Palaeontology
     *   Companion Website<https://paleorxiv.github.io/>
  *   Founder of the Open Science MOOC<https://opensciencemooc.github.io/site/>
     *   Project development on GitHub<https://github.com/OpenScienceMOOC>
  *   Freelance science communicator and consultant
     *   Author of Excavate!
Dinosaurs<http://www.amazon.co.uk/Excavate-Dinosaurs-Paper-Toy-Palaeontology/dp/178240144X>
 and World of Dinosaurs (coming 2018)
  *   Executive Editor of Geoscience