Hello Everyone,

I hope all of you are doing well in these difficult times.
I would like to share with you my latest publication (based on work I did
for my doctoral dissertation). The study is titled "*Does open access to
academic research help small, science-based companies?**" *and it
investigates the extent to which a company's usage of open access (OA)
literature for R&D activities depends on its size. I tried to justify the
assumption made by policymakers about the potentially positive impact OA
mandates have on national innovation activity. The study can be found here
<https://www.emerald.com/insight/content/doi/10.1108/JIUC-04-2020-0004/full/html>
.

As some of you may know I am generally interested in how non academics
benefit from access to academic literature. I have previously done a review
of different types of non academic users which I believe I shared with you
before. My review *"Who needs access to research? Exploring the societal
impact of open access"* is published here
<https://journals.openedition.org/rfsic/3271?lang=en&mc_cid=f6b142f550&mc_eid=%5BUNIQID%5D>
.

All the best,
ElHassan