|     Domnic Fernandes continues (Part III) his reminiscence of     |
|                       Mapusa of the 1950s                        |
|  http://www.goanet.org/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=426  |
*** Goa Minister meets Sonia to demand scrapping of Mopa project

State Education Minister Luzinho Faleiro today met Congress party president
Sonia Gandhi to demand shelving of the proposed international airport at Mopa
in north Goa.

http://www.newkerala.com/news2.php?action=fullnews&id=39643

*** Goemchea Saiba, Save Goa

Its a matter of deep concern that the one time beautiful state of Goa has lost
her beauty and charm and the question today is, will anybody be able to stop
the licenced thieves busy looting our Mai Goa?

http://oheraldo.in/node/12071

*** A New Generation of Pilgrims Hits India's Hippie Trail

There ain't nothing like this in the real world. Come to Goa. Change your
mind. Change your way.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/09/travel/09goa.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

*** Merlyn Vaz Scholarship for teachers launched

Designed to bring education as a key issue between Britain and Goa, the Merlyn
Vaz Scholarship instituted in memory of Merlyn Verona Vaz, the mother of
British Asian MP Keith Vaz for Goan teachers was launched on Saturday.

http://oheraldo.in/node/12121

*** GCA to reimburse tickets of unlucky cricket fans
(ThatsCricket.com)

Goa Cricket Association (GCA) yesterday announced that some
cricket fans who failed to get entry into the stadium on April
3 for the One-day International (ODI) match between India and
England, despite valid tickets, would get refund and also
receive complimentary passes for the next ODI in the state.

http://thatscricket.oneindia.in/news/2006/04/08/0804gca-tickets.html

*** Dempo crush Air India (The Telegraph)

Duler (Goa): Dempo rallied superbly in the second half to
fashion 4-1 victory over Air India in the 10th national
football league for the ONGC Cup on Sunday. For Dempo Isfaq
Ahmed scored a brace while Roberto Silva and Ranty Martins
scored a goal each. For the airmen Bashir Abbas reduced the
margin.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1060410/asp/sports/story_6079849.asp

*** Md. Sporting lose 0-3 (The Telegraph)

Calcutta: Riding Dudu Omagbemis hattrick, Sporting Clube de Goa
trounced Mohammedan Sporting 3-0 in a National Football League
match in Mapusa, Goa on Saturday.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1060409/asp/sports/story_6076870.asp

Compiled by Goanet News Service
http://www.goanet.org/newslinks.php