Goa News from Google News and Goanet.org
Visit http://www.goanet.org/newslinks.php for the full stories.

*** Murdered Scarlett Keeling's body had 50 injuries - Daily
Mail
xSNJ7618yhQ
http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&fd=R&usg=AFQjCNF1-yHpKFFpjieNERShkv-htVtAXw&url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1299466/Murdered-Scarlett-Keelings-body-50-injuries.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

*** Goa house disrupted 4th time over drug nexus probe - Sify
fg
http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&fd=R&usg=AFQjCNERwC-HGVcHR4t99wFYm6_cfbBtEQ&url=http://sify.com/news/goa-house-disrupted-4th-time-over-drug-nexus-probe-news-national-kh3vObgecca.html

*** Goa CM 'misled' NCP to get my resignation: Pacheco - Times
of India
isled-Pawar-about-evidence-against-me-Pacheco/Article1-578974.aspx">Kamat
misled Pawar about evidence against me: Pacheco
http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&fd=R&usg=AFQjCNGbG4StI05ZqvXAmAiuwItuZ68Csg&url=http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/pune/Goa-CM-misled-NCP-to-get-my-resignation-Pacheco-/articleshow/6228868.cms

*** Shri Ravindra Kelekar bestowed with Jnanpith Award 2006 -
Total Filmy
tal FilmyAt a glittering function held in Goa, Lok Sabha Speaker
Meira Kumar presented the prestigious Jnanpith Award for 2006 to
Konkani litterateur Ravindra ...
http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&fd=R&usg=AFQjCNFHIfwKOtIWubbUW1ZdQhtdkGEO1A&url=http://www.totalfilmy.com/feature/20100801/shri_ravindra_kelekar_bestowed_jnanpith_award_2006-30231.html

*** Services and Goa pick up deserving wins - Hindustan Times
inals by defeating Punjab to register their second win at the
Yuba Bharati Krirangan on ...
http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&fd=R&usg=AFQjCNFEVh_-G-YTy-RbZk8HnaeF_vGGNw&url=http://www.hindustantimes.com/Services-and-Goa-pick-up-deserving-wins/Article1-580462.aspx

*** Goa NIT inaugurated, gets head start over other institutes -
Times of India
o2s07MOw
http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&fd=R&usg=AFQjCNH47A7TgDmwyr1slBREcQGdbzS-fQ&url=http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/goa/Goa-NIT-inaugurated-gets-head-start-over-other-institutes/articleshow/6242565.cms

*** Despite poverty, India a success story, says UK's Vince
Cable - Daily News & Analysis
hould-recognise-re-emerging-india-news-international-kiboOcbbecd.html">'Britain
should recognise re-emerging India'
http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&fd=R&usg=AFQjCNG1yzV5Qgu7vuIFx6UOf2EJdHLdbQ&url=http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_despite-poverty-india-a-success-story-says-uk-s-vince-cable_1417426

*** Goa's frog poachers feed taste for 'jumping chicken' -
Independent
dependentAt night during the annual monsoon rains, hundreds of
tropical villages in rural Goa come alive with the cacophony of
croaking bullfrogs calling for mates ...
http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&fd=R&usg=AFQjCNFjmCdWe41t8wca92ALmt7vWXjUKA&url=http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/goas-frog-poachers-feed-taste-for-jumping-chicken-2041071.html

*** Goa advance to semis - Indian Express
 at the Yuba Bharati Krirangan here on Saturday to secure a
place in the semi-final of the 64th Santosh Trophy. ...<a
class="
http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&fd=R&usg=AFQjCNHh37w0R6aoLDaKK49dlktlWw4Kcw&url=http://www.indianexpress.com/news/Goa-advance-to-semis/654362

*** Goa to strengthen ties with diaspora - Sify
esidents who make up at least one-third of the state's 1.5
million population and ...<a class="
http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&fd=R&usg=AFQjCNGxLO6My3lI4iyOiO-uVh7VqOR6bg&url=http://sify.com/finance/goa-to-strengthen-ties-with-diaspora-news-default-kibiEcecdci.html

Compiled by Goanet News Service
http://www.goanet.org/newslinks.php
* * *

In every way, the Goans of Bombay were part of the great melee that was this
metropolis, distinct perhaps in the way communities often are, holding on to
their own traditions but merging slowly nonetheless and forming the thin thread
of nationhood that would eventually become India. -- Selma Carvalho, in *Into
the Goan Diaspora Wilderness*. Available at Broadways Book Centre, Panjim [Ph
+91-9822488564]   Price (in Goa only) Rs 295.
http://selmacarvalho.squarespace.com/

* * *