SAD NEWS OF GREAT TIATRIST.

Sickness is a part of one’s life, many times it comes and goes but sometimes
it becomes deadly.  Cancer is one such sickness which has no complete cure
and when it is detected at the last stage it is become more deadly.  The
news of Dr. Rosario Rodrigues suffering from Cancer and been operated at
Bombay’s Tata Memorial Hospital is very distressing.  Let us pray for his
recovery because Goa, Konkani Language, Konkani Culture & Konkani Stage need
him very much. It was he who revolutionized not only Khel Tiatr converting
it into non-stop Konkani Shows but also Konkani Tiatr Stage by writing
highly literate and highly intellectual dramas. Precisely because of this he
is rightly called “Shakesphere of Konkani Stage”.  He is the only Konkani
Stage Artiste having doctorate to his credit.  According to the latest
information I received thru well known Actor/Director Comedian Ben
Evangelisto, Dr. Rosario Rodrigues was just operated and doctors are trying
to save his life.  For his operation and other treatment lot of expenses are
incurred and these expenses may increase gradually. As per the communication
of Ben Evangelisto there is  need for funds for this treatment. Hence it is
our sincere plea to all the Konkani, Tiatr and Goa lovers spread all around
the World to come to the rescue of Dr. Rosario and help him in this hour of
need financially.  As it is great hearted Tiatrists from Goa by keeping
aside their differences joined together to organise two musical shows in
Goa, one at Panjim and the other at Margao.  Kudos to their right decision
to help their needy colleague.

We at Konkani Heritage Kuwait on receiving this news took a decision to do
something.  The President of Konkani Heritage Kuwait Mr. Fidelis Fernandes
(Colva-Goa)  and Vice President Mr. Joseph Desouza (Dharward) promised to
donate Indian Rupees Ten Thousand on behalf of KHK.

It is my sincere appeal to all the Goans and Konkani lovers spread all
around the world to come forward and donate something –“ful na tor pakli”-
towards the expenses of medical treatment of Dr. Rosario.

Those who are willing to donate may kindly remit their contribution to A/C
No. 14461 of Rosario Lawrence Rodrigues at Margao Branch of Central Bank of
India.

While concluding, let me be on record that no Goa lover and no Konkani lover
can forget the contribution of Dr. Rosario Rodrigues toward the development
of Konkani Stage. Such a tiatrist should not be ignored.
May God help him to recover from this deadly sickness.

A. VERONICA FERNANDES,
Kuwait.