Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 20:51:28 +0530
From: Ashley Delaney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Goanet] Alishka - an Update

We are very happy to inform you that the response to the appeal for Alishka
Fernandes was most generous. The two banks holding the donations, will be
giving us the total amounts collected very shortly. As soon as this
information is to hand, we will include this in our next update.

In March when Alishka was taken to the Madras Mission Hospital in Chennai
for her annual check up her Haemoglobin test was 20.20 (normal desired is
11.00 to 15.00). Her PCV test showed a reading of 62.00 (normal desired is
38.00 to 44.00). In the light of these results, Doctors therefore advised
her parents that an operation was vital in April and arrangements were
therefore made for her to be admitted on the 13th for a Cardiac
Catheterisation to be carried out on the 15th, followed by an Open Heart
Surgery on the 18th April.
We are now overjoyed to inform you that the results of the Catheterisation
showed an unbelievable improvement of the Haemoglobin and PCV. The
Haemoglobin test was now 15.8 gms% and the PCV was 48%. In the
circumstances, the hospital advised that it was not necessary for the Open
Heart Surgery to be done this year, but recommended it should be postponed
to next year, at which time it was also hoped that she would gain another 3
kgs in weight, so that she would be more medically fit, to cope with such a
major operation.

Therefore, it is now proposed that the funds collected will be put in a
Trust for her and will be monitored by a Committee comprising of the
following persons who have been instrumental in raising these funds :-

1) Mr. Sangamkar, Manager, Bank of India, Saligao
2) Rev. Fr. F. Ataide, Parish Priest, Mae de Deus Church, Saligao
3) Sr. Lily Joseph, Headmistress,Lourdes Convent, Saligao
4) Mr. Ashley Delaney, (they had to include me did they??? :-))
5) Mrs. Josephine Carvalho-Saligao - Appeal Organiser
6) Mr. Alex Fernandes - Alishka's father.

We would like to thank everybody for their overwhelming support of prayers
and donations and we will keep you informed of Alishka's progress from time
to time.

I would request some kind people to forward this message to other lists on
which this was publicised.

Regards
Ash
  Ashley Delaney  (Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are
right.)
  Res: Abreovaddo, Saligao, Bardez Goa. India. 403511
  Ph.(R) 0091-0832-409580 Mobile: 9823014976
MSN MESSENGER: delaneyashley , Yahoo ID: ashleywiz
Instant mail!!!! [EMAIL PROTECTED]