Unless you have been living in the caves of Tora Bora for the last few years, you are
probably aware that World Cup fever is about to befall upon us.

I have the misfortune of being in S.Korea for the next few weeks :) Surprisingly,
there is very little excitement yet, though everywhere you go, the streets are
festooned with WC banners, advertizments etc. I have no idea about how Korea is going
to survive the influx of visitors from overseas. As it is, its streets and highways
are packed with traffic - and this is considered normal for them.

Ticket prizes are outrageous. Forget about getting anything for less than $250 - and
these are for the crappiest games. For the semis, the cheapest tickets are in the
range of $2000+ per ticket.  Perhaps prices will drop once the games begin. The same
thing happend when the world cup took place in the US in 1994, but then the, S.Koreans
are little more soccer crazy than the Americans.

We all know of course that the final result is a foregone conclusion: Germany, the
eternal champions will win it yet again. Their recent crushing of Asian super powers
Kuwait only validates Germany's ownership of this game.

Viva Germany, 2002 World Cup Champions!!

:-)

Marlon