Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 12:03:59 +0400
From: "Sunila Muzawar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Goanet] Science & religion

Speaking of science and religion, in many cases we see that organised
religion does try to actually ignore and even subdue overwhelming scientific
observations. For example the case of reincarnation has been proven over and
over again but since it happens to be exactly the opposite of what is
preached by the Church and some other religions, it is not recognised. Read
"Many Masters Many Minds" by Dr.Brian Weiss to learn more about this.

And I read the other day that some historians and scientists now believe
that Christ was a Bodhi Satva (which is a leader-teacher of Buddism in
Buddha's tradition) and that after his resurrection he returned to Kashmir
(which they think is his home place) with his mother and is buried there
next to Mother Mary. In fact the person buried in that particular spot is
known as a recognised saint in Kashmir as well but under some other name (I
forget the name now) . A Western scientist has now requested the current
Farooq Abdullah Govt. for permission to exhume the two graves in Kashmir to
check the DNA to establish the relation between the two persons buried
there. The scientist believes that if this is established, there is
sufficient evidence (and I suppose they have some other evidence as well) to
prove that the person buried there is indeed Jesus. Needless to say that the
Church will never ascribe to this view. However, whether the scientist will
ever be able to exhume the graves is debatable because it is heavily opposed
by some Kashmiris.

And at a yoga lesson I learnt that the Vajrasana, which is the Islamic namaz
(prayer) pose is actually a very scientific technique of keeping your spine
erect and allowing proper digestion and breathing. It is said that if one
practises the Vajrasana regularly during the day (remember namaz is
advocated five times a day) one can be free of some 18 diseases. But quite a
few of my Muslim friends did not know all this. For them the posture was
just another dogma to be followed.

And Goddess Kali is much abused with human/animal sacrifices linked to her.
She is shown as a fiece woman with necklaces of skulls and holding a severed
head in one hand and a sword in the other. The idea of showing this scary
figure and linking her to God was to dispel fear and establish only love.
Since love and fear are emotions that cannot be applied together. But
instead people use Goddess Kali in connection with sacrifices and whatever
and little is done to change this.

And the old temple custom of giving up your girl child to serve the temple
(devdasis) resulted in a flourishing trade of prostituition and female
abuse. Don't know who actually preached it but it was certainly encouraged
by temple priests. Don't know if this actually has anything to do with the
subject, but couldn't resist adding it.

Cheers,
Sunila