Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 13:42:07 +0400
From: "Sunila Muzawar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Goanet] MESSAGE TO ALL GOANS! -- RELIGION V/S ANIMISM SURVEY

>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: [Goanet] MESSAGE TO ALL GOANS! -- RELIGION V/S ANIMISM SURVEY
>Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 00:50:22 EDT

>(s)he gains the whole world, but suffers the loss of his/her soul?
>
>There is no point in trying to twist Ash's poignant prophesy for any
>generalizations. Religion (from 'religare') is designed to "bind us back
>from
>jungle rule. IMHO, without religion, Goans would fit the computer prompt of
>Goons :(

Speak for yourself if you like. To generalise with all Goans is to insult
their sensibilities terribly. Additionally, please note that the North West
of Pakistan actually follows organised religion to the T and are famous for
jungle rule or tribal law. Incidentally it is believed that "the evil one" -
Osama is currently in hiding there. And the current barbarism we see
emanating out of Pakistan is also a product of organised religion.

And Buddha actually went to the jungles to meditate and get enlightened. If
all were like Buddha then violence would not have any place in the
world.....so jungles are not that bad after all. :-)

And don't forget that it is in the name of organised religion that the the
Church murdered millions and rendered thousands homeless in their quest to
convert Goans to Christianity.

And it is the efforts of the VHP to actually make Hinduism into an organised
religion which is resulting in the current Hindu militancy and violence.

And how can I forget to mention the current ogre of Islamic terrorism...I
won't bother with details.

Incidentally if you think religion made anyone civilized there is enough
proof to link it with the worst barbarism in the world. It is education,
culture, human values, and society which makes one civilised. Simply going
to a church or temple and following priests blindly (even though they may be
paedophiles or drug addicts) does not make one civilized or get one out of
the "jungle" mentality.

In fact, it is the other way round. If you actually look at the custodians
of organised religion you will find a whole horde of perverts ranging from
paedophiles and child/female abusers to drug addicts to violence
recommenders to revenge fanatics to racists to basic cheats and liars and
egoistic chauvinists. And most people actually follow them blindly in the
name of Jesus, Allah, Ram and whoever. I tell you people have forgotten
Jesus, Allah and Ram. Instead, Satan and the devil reigns supreme with
current religious bodies with the horns showing prominently.

>I would like to initiate a survey of all Goanetters on the following
>question:
>
>Are you "for" or "against" religion?

And what's that going to achieve other than prove that religion is popular
or not among the goanetters ? That does not mean it is good or bad. After
all alchohol is also popular and so is smoking. But whether it is good or
bad is another question. Incidentally, if organised religion was not popular
I would not have to write so many yarns against it. ;- )

>Let us plan to close this survey at midnight, Friday, May 31, 2002.
>
>Hopefully some computer wizard will volunteer to tabulate and provide the
>results :-)

Here's my vote : against organised religion of course. Now why did I even
bother ? ;-)

Cheers,
Sunila