Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 14:34:51 -0000
From: "santoshhelekar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Goanet] Vedas, Antibiotics, etc

- --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Sunila Muzawar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>But one of the reasons I asked is to show you how illogical your
>approach is. Just because you haven't read it and don't know more
>about it does not mean it does not exist. :-)

Sunila, you have covered a lot of ground in the above post. I cannot
deal with all the issues that you have discussed. I am a simple-
minded kind of guy. I can think of only one thing at a time.

I think it is not very useful or logical to take seriously things
that are not known to exist, only because they might just possibly
exist. This is called the flying pink elephant argument. Sure, such a
creature might exist. But Would you pay somebody who claims to have
it a hefty cash advance to buy such a unique and special pet?

My reference to Vedas was specific to the speed of light. And having
read about this matter I can assure you that I am not convinced that
the Vedas tell us anything about this speed, as has been claimed.

Regarding your other statements, bacterial resistance to antibiotics
is a well-known and well-studied phenomenon for the past 50 years.
The evidence for telepathy is shaky or non-existent. Medical science
knows quite a bit about recovery from illness due to personal faith.
There is a branch of science, Neuroimmunology, that studies this
issue. Meat is still good for your body.

The only thing that you have justification for is your belief in God,
which I assume is based on faith and quite admirably so.

Cheers,

Santosh