In a message dated 05/22/2002 1:27:12 AM EST, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< It is sad that such an ugly thing like the Gujarat violence had to occur.
But, it has certainly opened our eyes to see clearly what the BJP party can
provide this country with.

While the whole world is progressing in various fields, our country is
sinking deeper into political quicksand and crawls on its fours over
religious issues. >>

Very sound advice to the astute and those with discerning minds :-)

Yet some people with vested interests will blindly keep drumming up their
support in a wild and desperate attempt to hoodwink all Goans :(

It remind us of those three blind persons who felt different parts of the
elephant and came up totally divergent views. The latest truncated view --
just because some good came out lately from the BJP -- that all will be
hunky-dory dory, is fatalistic.

We all know how politicians and sexual perverts entice people with their
little bags of goodies, only to later to reveal the real big cork screw.

Goans should awaken to the clarion call from minarets to pulpits, Balcaos to
Cyberia and be aware of wolves who prey in sheep's clothing. Surely nobody
would like to retrograde to the dark old ages, reminiscent of jungle rule :(

As Rene said in the following post: "Let's not make GOA another Gujarat." The
trying all stunts to try and woo voters to salvage the sinking BJP
ship....Parrikar who is fighting a battle for his survival. is offering all
sorts of carrots to buy the minorities."

Joe Vaz's May 7 posting: 'YOUR ACTION CAN MAKE THE DIFFERENCE,' was most
apropos and an early wake-up or clarion call :-) My response somehow did not
post.

The writing is on the wall, even though one may have to read in between the
lines. Let us not fall for the political shenanigan -- Parrikar's Pranks :(

Vote to represent the plurality of Goa and NOT for Communalism!

Keep Goa and India secular:

Pat de Sousa