DO NOT VOTE FOR COMMUNAL,DEFECTOR & CORRUPT.
VOTE FOR UPRIGHT.

Only a day is now remaining for the 30th May election of Goa.  Up to now
besides Goa Su-raj Party none of the other parties contesting election in
Goa has declared their real intention on defection.  Neither the
independents.  That means they all when given an opportunity will surely
defect by saying to their voters “To Hell With You”. These candidates and
their parties are under the impression that Goan voters are nothing but
idiots of first grade.  All the defectors finally turn Goan voters as
“chutiya” and if Goan voters are not so then they will surely refrain from
voting for frequent defectors, candidates of those parties so far not
uttered a single word against defection and also independent candidates who
so far not aired their view on defection.

During this time in this part of the world lot of interest has been
generating about this election but still lot was expected from our people
majority of whom believe in the motto “Bhor ga potta ani sor ga dissa”.  We
have been organising our soccer matches and soccer final so also Milagres
Saibinnichem Fest in grand scale.  I attended all the events but hardly I
found there among the hundreds of people even thinking of their Goa on 30th
of this month.   When I said Hi to one of my acquaintances he retorted thus
“A-R-E Veronica, tunch re ekloch Sunnea baxen kiteak bonktai ani tujo boro
vell vibaddtai?”  When I asked him why he said like this, he replied
immediately “Te Rostad politicians mure, tankam sodd toxech, korundi tankam
kitem zai tem. Currption – defection – sex scandal tanchea jivitacho ek bhag
ani hem tanchem sonvoier poddlam”.  By listening to this I was not surprised
but reflected very hard how people are dejected with our current politicians
in Goa.  Then I spoke thus “ A-R-E mojea Goykar bava, ami poile vhoddle
Rostad kiteak ami amcho kaido sarko korinant mhonn.  Zor bore munis fuddem
soron cholvoll keloli zalear Rostad vechnunkank ubech ravpache nhoi aslet”.
The good point of Rostad is that when good people are reluctant to do
something good when they can, Rostad people sprint to do the same thereby
winning the goodwill of the masses and for masses their immediate needs are
more important.  This is weak point of the so called good people who will do
nothing but only talk and bark and criticize the Rostad.

Now as per my information lot of Goans from this part of the World have
communicated to their nearest and dearest in Goa not to vote for Rostad
candidates, not to vote for communals, not to vote for frequent defectors
and currupt.  Thru this I feel lot of awakening has been done though not to
the extent it was expected.  Still there is one full day for our people to
advise their family members and friends and relatives in Goa whom to vote
rightly and whom not to vote.  One thing has to be borne in mind, voting for
defectors means surely wasting your vote because these frequent defectors
will surely defect once again.  Hence, beware of defectors.

In the past the crook, communal, corrupt and defector candidates made use of
their money power to shower the voters on the eve of the election with “pott
bhor sur” and turn them in their favour.  This type of “Bebdes” are
innumerable in Goa who at the last minute change their minds.  Very many of
them are practicing Catholics.  Our Pe. Vigars and Pe. Curs in the Churches
should preach on this defect.  They must also tell the voters not to refrain
from voting, if one is bad the other will be less bad and so on but they
must cast their votes.   Our Young girls must also take a lead to cast their
votes because very many of them feel shy that their age will be disclosed.
This is rubbish.  Nobody should feel shy to do her duty.

DO NOT VOTE FOR COMMUNAL PARTY CANDIDATES.
DO NOT VOTE FOR DEFECTORS
DO NOT VOTE FOR CORRUPT.
DO NOT VOTE FOR SEXTERS.

VOTE FOR UPRIGHT CANDIDATES WHO ARE IN EVERY CONSTITUENCY.

A. Veronica Fernandes,
Kuwait.