ALBINO ORGANISED LADIN IN KUWAIT.

As scheduled, the Laudinha organized by Albino Fernandes was held in the
Kuwait City Catholic Church Compound in front of the Grotto of Our Lady.
This Ladin was organized in reverence to the devotion of Mother Mary purely
in a Goan style.  Everything was Goan there except Konkani.  Rosary and
hymns were in English while Ladin was in Latin – “Orapro Nobis”.  Rarely I
saw such a  multitude of devotees attending and participating in the Ladin
as it was on Friday 31st May at 7.00 p.m.  The major credit for organising
such a wonderful and nostalgic event surely goes to Albino Fernandes who was
immensely helped by Choir Master Joe Antao in arraning musical part of the
Choir.  The musical part was very well played by two young boys one of them
was on Keyboards  eleven year old Master Graham Rodrigues and the other a
teenager Uldrick Antao who displayed his exorbitant talent in playing
electric Violin of course to the delight of the devotees, both these
youngsters were ably supported on Guitar by Joseph F. Fenand. Besides these
three new musicians Albino Fernandes also arranged a good group of female
singers all youngsters including Lolita Rodrigues who is currently
vacationing in Kuwait with her musically conscious parents Luis and Rita.
Though these youngsters were the main participants in singing yet the entire
gathering also participated in singing thereby giving an added booster to
the whole scenario.  After the end of the Ladin keeping Goan tradition alive
“Ukoddlole Chonne” were distributed to all who attended the Ladin.

In the name of religion and religious functions, Albino Fernandes is trying
his level best to unite the people for the betterment of society and our
community.  It is not an easy task to play such a pivotal role but due to
his proximity with different segments of our society and catholic community
too, Albino Fernandes can do this.  It is nice to see him using his
closeness to the people to bring them together.  So much so, I have even
noticed some faces there attending the Ladin who earlier rejected
Catholicism and joined elsewhere in other Christian denominations.  It was
surprising that what Church leaders could not do Albino Fernandes did and if
such functions are held very often I am sure very many of our colleagues who
deserted Catholicsm will rejoin Catholic fold.

A. Veronica Fernandes,
Kuwait.