from: jose colaco to ulysses menezes
nassau, June 4, 2002

My dear Uly,

Over the past several days, I have observed the mail
going through. I understand the hurt and the resultant
unhappiness. Even so, I have advised all of us, albeit
privately, to (please) exercise extreme caution in our
actions.

Pardon me for writing this publicly. I read your post
of today and I request all involved to PLEASE drop the
matter. PLEASE!

I have a fair idea where this matter is heading.
Please Remember that we are all Goans and all human
too! Let's leave this now & move ahead.

Allow me to state this, once & I will not debate this.
It is being posted here, only for the record.

Herman Carneiro is the father of this baby called
GoaNet. In 1998, as a result of family neglect and the
ensuing Malnutrition, GoaNet went into a ~ 9 month
period of Coma.

Rene Barreto, the good Goaphilus and filius from
London requested that we develop a mini-list to keep
the links between Goans, open.

This is how Goa Link was born. With Marlon Menezes'
technical help, GoaLink became a d-list.

At the same time, Ulysses was keeping the lines of
Goan communication open with GoaMania. JC requested
Uly to join forces with Rene & GoaLink, and he did.

GoaLink kept the Goan conversation going for 9 months
when Goalink was merged with Goanet. After having
given Respiratory support and Blood Transfusion while
GoaNet stayed in Intensive Care, GoaLink and its
founders quietly faded into the background. Their goal
having been achieved.

So Uly, you understand that Rene and You are the
Godparents of this child. You looked after the child
when the parents were 'lost'.

As Godparents, your job is to continue supporting
GoaNet.

On a personal note, I have learnt a lot from GoaNet.
Ema and I have made a lot of friends courtesy GoaNet
and we would like to thank all those who volunteer to
keep the conversation going.

Let's hold hands and assist each other,

jc

PS: While JC will not debate this issue any further,
do not hesitate to request JC for any material to
substantiate the above. Have all possible GoaLink-
GoaNet, / GI d-list/ The Goan Forum d-list
correspondence on zip and will research it, if
required.

But....will not comment in public about this matter
again!

=====
Recommended Goan Sites in Cyberspace

Goa-World at http://www.goa-world.net