The Goa Foundation
G-8 St Britto's Apartments,
Feira Alta, Mapusa 403 507 Goa
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phones: 263305; 256479

New edition of Fish Curry and Rice to be released on June 5th,
World Environment Day

The fourth, revised and updated edition of Fish, Curry and Rice will be
released on 5th June, World Environment Day by Dr.A.G. Untawale.

The new edition, which is more than 380 pages and profusely illustrated
with photographs and drawings, will be available at all bookshops from 5th
June itself.

A large number of environmentalists have contributed specific articles and
photographs for the book which is designed as a sourcebook on Goa, its
ecology and lifestyle.

The large volume contains detailed scientific information on all aspects of
Goan ecology, including the major ecological zones of the Western Ghats,
the plateau regions, coastal areas including the estuaries. There are
individual chapters on fishing, tourism, mining, landuse, infrastructure
projects and public health. A special new chapter has been added providing
details of all environmental laws, environment judgements, PILs and
information on NGOs in Goa working on such issues.

Fish, Curry and Rice has been the standard reference book on Goa's
environment issues for nearly a decade though copies were unavailable for
the past two years after the third edition went out of print.

In addition to bookshops in Goa, the book can also be ordered via the
Internet from goacom.com/books and from the Other India Bookstore in Mapusa.

Claude Alvares
Director
*****
Other India Bookstore, Mapusa, Goa, India stocks the most complete range of
alternative books from India and all books on Goa. To view our latest
catalogue and order books online, check out our website at:
http://www.goacom.com/books

Ensure that your clean money isn't used to create dirt! Other India
Bookstore's Social Investment Fund offers you an opportunity to put your
hard-earned money to good use and earn interest while doing so. Help make
the best of alternative books available to a wider audience. For details,
e-mail us.

Our phone numbers: 91-832-263306; 256479
Fax: 91-832-263305
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Postal address:
Other India Bookstore