Dear GoaNetters,

There has recently been some controversy over the suspension of Cecil
Pinto so, in a departure, we have decided to make a public statement.

GoaNet is a non-profit volunteer-driven mailing list.  The money from
paid advertisements is used to support noncommercial
community-building activities in Goa and to promote GoaNet.

GoaNet’s policy on advertising, as it appears the Rules, states: “Do
not post advertisements.  Commercial postings have to be paid for if
circulated via GoaNet.”  In the past we have ignored one or two
commercial posts within a few months from the same subscriber or on
the same subject, but repeated posts are not tolerated.  Mr. Pinto
continued to advertise a floral business on GoaNet after being asked
not to do so, and was removed.

Regarding informing GoaNetters about members who have been
unsubscribed, it is simply not our policy to do so.  This is not the
Middle Ages and there will be no public floggings or executions,
period.

Mr. Pinto can and will be reinstated if he chooses, and we will waive
the fee for his past use of GoaNet to advertise as long as he agrees
to abide by our rules.

Goanet-Admin