Hi Sonali,

It is very good to hear from you albeit under your phony alias. Would you by any
chance happen to be related to an Ashok Chodnakar who apparently sabotaged Gaspar
Almedia's computer on a number of ocassions?

Anyway, to answer your question:  No, goanet is not violating yahoogroups policies.
For one thing, the mailing list is actually hosted on goacom, not yahoogroups. GOACOM
offers this service to goanet for free, with no strings attached. Secondly as was
posted by the goanet-admin team, Goanet/Herman collects advertizing money on goanet to
support non-commerical activities and promotional activities in Goa. Hence even if
Goanet were hosted by Yahoogroups, it would not be breaking their rules as goanet is a
non-commerical entity. If asked by yahoogroups, I expect Herman to be able to provide
all the necessary documentation/receipts.

Now rather not surpisingly, Ulysses and Gaspar have in private threats raised exactly
the same issue as you and have threatened to shut down goanet by bringing this issue
up with yahoogroups. You will be happy to know that goanet will continue to function
regardless of what they try and do.

If it is anyone who should be worried about violating the rules of yahoogroups, it
should be them. They have consistently promoted the floral business of their business
partner in Goa on a number of their mailing lists. Since they and their partner obtain
clear material and non-material gains through this collaboration, the phrase "dont
throw stones in glass houses" comes to mind.

To the rest of the netters:
What we are seeing here is a "set up" by this junta. One of them willfully breaks the
rules after apparently having been told several times (in private) to stop promoting
their business on this mailing list.  Upon removing this person, the rest of the junta
jumps in by making private threats against goanet. Next, new "members" we never knew
we had (such as our beloved Sonali), jump into the fray and repeat the same in public.
Man, these guys make some of our politicians in Goa look good.

Marlon