Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 09:52:37 EDT
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Goanet] OBITUARY: YVONNE D'COSTA, COLUMBUS, OHIO, USA

- -----------------------=20

OBITUARY=20

Yvonne Teresa (Soares) D=92Costa, retired school psychologist for the Columb=
us=20
Public Schools, succumbed to her chronic heart and diabetes ailments on=20
Sunday morning. She was the beloved wife of 43 years of Ayres D=92Costa (a=20
professor at the Ohio State University College of Education), mother of Rob=20
(Melissa) D=92Costa, and mother-aunt of Divya and Jitesh Soares. Yvonne was=20
preceded in death by her parents Aloysius and Priscilla Soares and by her=20
siblings Grace, Iris, Vincent, Ernest and Joseph Soares. Her loss is deeply=20
mourned by her brothers Aloysius and Maurice, sisters Angela, Eileen and=20
Barbara, sisters-in-law Martha, Freda and Vilma Soares, brother-in-law Alber=
t=20
Fernandes and many nephews, nieces, great nephews and nieces, and friends.=20
Yvonne=92s career began as a school teacher at Our Lady of Perpetual Succour=
 in=20
Bombay, India. She also spent much of her time with Mother Theresa=92s order=
,=20
helping the poor and orphaned children in Calcutta, India. She came to the=20
United States with Ayres in 1963 and graduated with a Master=92s Degree in=20
Education from Ohio University. She spent most of her working career with th=
e=20
Columbus Public Schools focusing on the educational needs of handicapped=20
children. Yvonne was also a very active member of St. Anthony=92s Catholic=20
Church and a strong advocate for the disabled. She had a great appreciation=20
for the arts and was a very talented pianist. She will be most  remembered=20
for her incredible sense of humor.=20
Friends and family are invited to calling hours on Wednesday, June 12, at=20
Schoedinger Funeral Home, 5554 Karl Road, Columbus, Ohio 43229. The Mass of=20
Christian Burial will be at 2 pm on Thursday, June 13 at St. Anthony=92s=20
Catholic Church, 1300 Urban Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43229 followed by burial=20
service at Kingwood Memorial Park, 8230 Columbus Pike (U.S. Route 23), Lewis=
=20
Center, Ohio 43035. In lieu of flowers, please make donations to the America=
n=20
Heart Association in Yvonne=92s honor.=20