Irresponsible Bus Operators
- --------------------------------------
The recent mini bus accident in which innocent people lost their lives
should serve as a wake-up call to all of us. No doubt, there are
private bus operators who do their job efficiently.
======================================================================================================
Two years back, when i was holidaying with Wife in Goa, we took the last
night bus (9.30 p.m) to head for Tito's bar in Calangute. The driver was
moving this bus faster than a young Arab with a Ferrari on the streets of
Abu Dhabi, with swirls
and deep turn and lo, with a huge thud, the bus in the dark hours of the
night
came to an halt, courtesy a kiss with a (bended) coconut tree. My wife
suffered a swelled jaw and an
acquaintance's wife had a bleeding mouth, in the darkness of the night we
managed to
find a house, whose occupants helped us with some ice-packs and gave us some
balm.
The bus was considerably damaged and , strangely both the driver and the
conductor
were so fine, that they could flee.

The next morning, i tired to enquire this particular case with a cab driver
and he in turn
asked me, which accident was it ? because there were 2 bus accident's that
night on that
route and when i specified our case, he said that it was a minor one, with
just one small baby
losing his life ! I still remember the absolute chaos scene surrounding the
night.
True in India, public safety is a matter, best left to the individual using
these services to sort out
amongst themselves, it is even more aghast and appalling in a tourist state
like Goa.

B/rgds,
Pete