(Calangute-kar) Bruno joins Vasco (New report in the Herald July 3)...an excerpt.

"The biggest and hottest news of this seasons (football) transfers, is Goa's icon
Bruno Coutinho parting from his long time club Salgaocar Sport Club and moving to the
people's club Vasco Sports Club.

 Bruno will this season be seen sporting the black and white colours and not the green
he has been with for the last decade or so.

 The Salgaocar Sports Club striker surprised many when he bid adieu to Salgaocar and
joined hands with Vasco, ending his decade long honeymoon with the green and white
brigade.

 The former international captain completed the transfer formalities, a couple of days
after several attempts to convince Salgaocar officials to renew his contract failed.

 ''There was nothing else I could do. Salgaoncar said they did not want my services
while I know that I can play good football for at least another two seasons. I am out
to prove everyone wrong,'' was Bruno's initial reaction when speaking to Herald.

 Though the transfer formalities have been completed, there could still be wrangles
between the two Vasco based clubs over Bruno's transfer fee. At the time of filing
this report, no decision on Bruno's transfer fee was arrived at.

 ''We hope to make the best use of his experience.  With Bruno's inclusion, we can
only get better,'' Vasco Sports Club coach, Derrick Pereira felt.

  When contacted, Salgaocar Sports Club coach, Savio Madeira, said the club will miss
the talismanic striker but hoped the new recruits would do thier bit to fill the void.
''Bruno's departure is definitely a loss to the team. he has tons of experience and
obviously there is no substitute for experience,'' Madeira told Herald.