THE BEST IS YET TO COME
I woke up this morning suddenly realising this is the best day of my life. I
can't believe i've made it to this day. Good reason to celebrate. Today i'm
going to celebrate all my accomplishments and all my misfortunes. Yes, the
setbacks too. When I look back now I realise it's all the hardships i've
faced that made me stronger and kinder. Today i'll walk out of my room with
my head held high and a song in my heart. I'll go out and notice God's
seemingly simple creation-people, sunshine, seabreeze, plants, animals,
chilled beer, and the regular miracle that always revives my faith-a new
born baby! From today I stop complaining about what I don't have and start
enjoying all that i've been given, my ear for music most of all. Tonight
when you hear me playing bass with my band you'll hear the low end sounding
a little happier than the highs. And believe me, vodka will have nothing to
do with this. When I get back home after the gig i'll go to bed contented
and at peace with the world and myself, happy to know i've lived the best
day of my life and happier to know that tommorow i'll wake up to the best
day of my life ever!

Colin D'Cruz
www.hullocheck.com