The world, as we see today, is become very complex and vicious. If one has
to have ones own way to defy the prevailing laws, rules and regulations, one
needs to cultivate a "godfather" which goes by another name of "immunity",
also called "protection". It goes without saying that if one does not want
to get wet in the rains, one has to have an open umbrella over one's head.
Take the case of Laloo Prasad Yadav. He got raided by the IT  when he got
his first daughter married in extravaganza. He opened his umbrella against
IT raids by getting his second daughter married into the IT family.
Likewise, our dada trawler owners had their umbrella in the Goa legislative
assembly.  Our enterprising builders and business houses  in Goa like the
Navelcar builders and  Nova Goakars of Panjim have their respective
umbrellas in the BJP. Whereas, the last year's school computerization tender
for 700 computers went in exchange for a beautiful office for the BJP,
courtesy Nova Goakars., the Navelcars, on the other hand,  are probably
benefiting hugely through the Nelson's Eye of the authorities, specially the
PMC, as far as the terrace floor  extension of the Navelcar Trade Centre,
opposite the Azad Maidan is concerned. It is very tricky. The work is
sheltered from direct view. One has to be specially looking for it to notice
it. We shall be extremely happy if this is legit and the PMC treasury is
benefiting from this activity.

Hello!  K..rrrr   Krrrr  Hello! ...  Patricia Pinto?   Oh! these Goa
telephones.! Never there when you want them bad.

And it was a shock to us that our Police Chief Gulcharand Singh Sandu was
struck down by a second stroke in as many days and is now recuperating in
the ICU. We wish him a speedy recovery.  The mention of the ICU brings back
sweet memories. The ICUs had become the hiding hole, an  alternative to the
police lock-ups for our most enterprising goan people's representatives like
Dayanand Narvekar, Mauvin Godinho and Somnath Zuwarkar when Manohar Parrikar
went riding the high horse like "Zorro" (Never mind that Parrikar has given
up  the 'Zorro' style now).  Ofcourse, I am not slanting here, but the
recent Indian Oil pilferage must have sent a few heartbeats haywire,
specially in the wake of the reported payoff to the high ranking police
officials that I have mentioned earlier. In the Hindu mythology, the
pantheon of Gods consists of zillion deities, I am told,  of whom Lord
"INDRA"  is the chief. May the  Indra Dev pacify some of the hearts and
heartbeats that are going haywire in the highly placed chests,  on the IOC
pilferage account .

Cheers!
Floriano