In a message dated 8/10/02 11:52:12 AM Pacific Standard Time, EdgarStmartins
writes:

<<
 <<      This is taken from Leo's posting to me:

 The only thing you told me about Frederick Noronha was that his wife was
 so and so (by the way what is her name?).  I have NOT used
 anything what you told me (and typical of your habit  you
 do not say anything!) about him.  Infact, I have not even
 kept in touch with him or his cousin Milton Rodrigues of UK. Good
 riddance to bad rubbish.

      I had gone to see Fred some months ago, at his home in Saligao and he
berated me for telling Leo Rebello something that he claims Leo used against
him. When asked to clarify, he evaded the issue. I remember telling him that
Leo Rebello did not know that Pamela DeMello was his wife as she goes by her
maiden name. When I met Leo before this, I remember reminding him that Pamela
was Fred's wife. He had, he informed me, had some disagreement with an
article she wrote criticising the CM, Manohar Parrikar on a political matter
she had written in the Asian Age. He was then unaware that Pamela DeMello was
Fred's wife.

       I have tried to get Fred to clarify his accusation without success.

      In June, of this year I asked Fred Noronha to unsubscribe me from the
net. He curtly wrote back telling me to go through the normal procedure and
get myself unsubscribed. I wrote to Vivianna asking her to unsubscribe me and
left town. I returned to find postings by Joel and Fred in my letterbox which
was cluttered and this has caused me to be unsubscribed from Hotmail. I have
been getting postings from Fred and Joel at both my AOL and Hotmail
addresses. Furthermore, I can read Joel's news bulletins by going to
www.goacom.com. Hence, I feel I do not wish to receive  postings  that I can
easily download from the Internet to keep my inward mail  free from being
overloaded.

        Last month, while riding in Panaji on my scooter, I was surprised to
find Fred beside me and I stopped to chat with him but he kept nagging about
me having told Leo Rebello something I had heard from his mouth. When asked
to explain, he stammered and could not remember what it was that I had
informed Leo Rebello. I was in a quandary as I could not remember telling Leo
Rebello anything that could be considered personal or if I had made up a
story to defame Fred. Now again, he is attempting to expose his Miltonesque
mind by claiming that I cannot make up my mind whether I ought to join goanet
or not.

        I want to be a member of goanet but if possible, I do not wish to get
postings that I can download from the net. I had requested my good friend
Eddie Fernandes to subscribe me on goanet which he in turn routed my request
to Fred. Fred, I sincerely trust, you should stop acting like a Bai Zoo-an
and act like a man. Remove the mask you are wearing and come clean and
explain yourself. Answer my question "What is it that I told Leo Rebello that
annoyed you, was it a lie and if there is any truth to what I told Leo, can
you not have it out with Leo"?

         I refuse to be a scapegoat for your inadequacies.

     Edgar Martins