Goemkars !

YOUR support is OUR SUCESS.
----------------------------------
Let us Be Proud of
OUR GOAN HERITAGE

*

GOANWORLD - GOAN HERITAGE
events  and celebrations for Month of August 2002

===================================

Sunday

London -UK
11th August
.
3.00 pm.
The Goan Cultural Society UK.
Merton Hall, Kingston Road,
S. Wimbledon. UK

details www.goadayuk.com

Tuesday

Goa - India
13th August

GSSO inaugural concert
Concert date 13th August 2002 -
Venue DMK auditorium Kala Academy -

Time 6.00pm.

Programm to include Mozart's 'Eine Kleine Nachtsmusik', Bach's
A minor violin concerto
[soloist Sanya Cotta], a flute concerto by Vivaldi [soloist Susan Badhari]
and Elgar's Serenade for String Orchestra.

Nigel Dixon - Conductor

 Admission FREE

Friday

Lisbon-Portugal
16th August 2002

Traditional Music, Song and Dances of Goa,
Daman and Diu at "Teatro da Trindade"

details - www.supergoa.com

Saturday

Mumbai -  India
17th August

17/8 : Goan Review Art Foundation will
celebrate World Goa Day event
 "World Goan heritage Day" in Mumbai

details -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Saturday

London - UK
17th August 2002

'World Goaday' Gala Lunch. Goan Community Centre, Keston Road,
N17.

Entertainment by Goan Cultural Society.

Sing- Goan style.

Dress code: Jacket & Tie essential.
details-   www.goadayuk.com

Mr and Mrs George Pinto will be our Guest.

Saturday

Lisbon -Portugal
17th August

Tour of the city of Lisbon and Lunch
Meeting of Youth and Carrom Tournament

details- www.supergoa.com

Saturday

Montreal-Quebec -Canada
17th August

The Quebec Goan Association  will be
organising a picnic on saturday

details -Fats D'Sa   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Saturday
Nairobi -Kenya

Goans of Nairobi,
Kenya
17th August 2002

GOA DAY

Mass to celebrate Goa Day
at the Shrine of Mary Help of Christians-Don Bosco,
Upper Hill at 6:30pm

 Thereafter a get together

MENU -  Sorpotel, Sanas & Gram

details -  Sylvia J. Pires   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sunday

Goa - India
18th August

GOA HERITAGE ACTION GROUP invites you to join us at the Betim Cross
on Sunday 18th August, 2002 at 6 p.m. to celebrate World Goan Heritage Day.
Celebrations begin with a short play by the Mustard Seed Art Company,
a theatre group with Art as its middle name.

and

A reading of poems in Konkani by three Goan poets who call themselves
TRIVENI. -Mrs. Nutan Arun Sakhardande - Ms. Maya Anil Kharangate,
 Ms. Nayana Adarkar

H.Pandit        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sunday

Goa- India
18th August

Diwar

On World Goa day the St. Matais Sports club and villagers will celebrate, a
unique Family Bonderam on Sunday 18th. August 2002.

for all the information about this years bonderam.
Log on to: www.goasu-raj.org

Sunday

GOA - India
18th August

As part of Worldwide Goan  Heritage events,
Southern Birdwing isorganising a
" Wild Goa " trek to Dudhsagar waterfalls

details [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sunday

London -UK
18th Aug.

Bastora Social  Archbishop Lanfranc School
Music by Mustang.

Konkani Medley by the Goan Cultural Society.

details John Coutinho - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--------------------------------------
Sunday

London -UK
18 Aug.

Goan Community Centre,
Keston Road N17.

 Day of Prayer & Mass.

details - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sunday

Bahamas
18th August

TGF celebrates its birthday on Goa Day 2002

Lunch - Party

Jose Colaço [EMAIL PROTECTED]
=================================
Tuesday

Lisbon Portugal
20th August

Talks on "Perceptions of Goa"

Closing Dinner

details - www.supergoa.com

Friday

Nairobi - kenya
23rd August

East African Convention

Welcome Cocktail plus Regional Cultural Show

details  -Sylvia Pires [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Saturday

Nairobi - kenya
24th August

East African Convention

Convention

Fun Sports Events

Gala Evening

details  Sylvia Pires [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Saturday

London UK
24th August

Chorao UK.
Annual social -feast of St Bartholomew

Venue
Merton Hall Kingston Rd. London SW19.

Saturday

London UK
24th August

 7.30-11.30pm.

Elvis Dance. Bishop Douglass RC School,
Hamilton Road, East Finchley, London N2.

Sunday

Nairobi - kenya
25th August

East African Convention

Farewell Luncheon - noon)

details [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sunday

London - UK

25th August

Goan Association
UK. SPORTS DAY at  Archbishop Lanfranc School,
Mitcham Road, Croydon.

Friday

30th August
Calagary-Canada

***30th Aug. 7 p.m. Badminton Tournament against
Toronto/Vancouver and Edmonton at Lindsay Park
foloowed by a snack party for all attendees.

Saturday
31st August

Calagary -Canada

***31st Aug. 9.00 am to 11.30 a.m. soccer and field
hockey at the Optimist Park followed by snacks
provided by the club.

*** 6.00 pm Nite in Goa with Live Band and DJ at
Thorncliff Greenview Community Centre with Sorpotel
and Sannas but no feni as its not available.

Sunday

1st September
Calagary - Canada

***1st Sep.-Mass at Rosemount Comm. Hall at 1.30 p.m
followed by BBQ picnic and games.

details Wilson Soares [EMAIL PROTECTED]

We regret any errors or ommissions , if we have left out any of the Goan
organistions from our list of celebrations  ,
please do write to us giving us full details of your events and we will
be glad to include them in our next update.

rene barreto
Coordinator
WORLD GOAN HERITAGE celebrations

.