Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 19:00:04 +0530
From: "Niraj Naik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Goanet] GCCI's comprehensive IT directory

GCCI to compile comprehensive IT Directory
=20
Goa Chamber of Commerce & Industries has embarked on a comprehensive
directory of IT professionals, service providers and manufactures in the
State.

The directory will compile a database on the skill sets available in the
State in the various areas of IT. The directory will help boost IT
industry in the state and will serve as a crucial resource guide for the
state government and local IT industry.

The directory is being compiled by Aparant Infomedia, publishers of
Goa's popular IT magazine -- Digital Goa and would be released at the
grand IT event -- Goa Agenda 2002 -- to be held on September 30 and
October 1, 2002.

The directory will have following main categories -- Hardware/computer
assemblers/sale; Training/ Education; Cybercafe; Services (data
processing)/digital photography; Networking & communications; Web-site &
web solutions; peripherals/accessories/consumables/power conditioning
(UPS)/furniture; Professional; Manufacturer/industry (hardware &
software); R & D and ITES.

The directory will also try to enumerate the expertise available in the
various skill sets through an exercise that will be undertaken through
the State.

IT professionals, service providers and manufacturers will be further
classified as per the following skills: Assembling, component level
repairs, peripheral maintenance, system analysis, systems design,
network configuration, Programming: Java, C++, Python, BASIC, VB, SQL,
Oracle, Ingres, SYBASE, access, DBASE, FOXPro other languages, Banking/
Accounting/ Inventory/ order processing/ BPR/ ERP/ Pay roll/ CAD/ CAM/
Graphics/ Planning/ monitoring.

All those associated with IT in Goa are encouraged to avail free listing
in this comprehensive directory by filling a simple form.

Forms can be downloaded from the GCCI website --
http://www.goachamber.org/itdirectory -- or softcopy of the form can
be obtained by sending a request mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]=20

Forms are also available in the latest issue of 'Digital Goa' magazine,
available at  Varsha Book Stall, near Betim Ferry, Panaji; Zambaulikar
Agencies, near State Bank of India, Margao; Vasco Agencies, Old Bus
Stand, Vasco and Roop Rohan Agency, near Public Caf=E9, Ponda.=20
The filled forms may be sent to Aparant Infomedia, Flat No. S-1.
Bldg.No. 3, Merces Apartments, Vaddy, Merces, Goa 403005.