Today marks the Goanet’s eighth birthday.  Launched on August 25th, 1994,
Goanet was the first mailing list for Goans worldwide.  I’d like to take
this opportunity to thank all of you who have helped make Goanet a success.
I cannot possibly name everyone who has been instrumental in its success.
We have various people contribute to discussions at various times.  They’ve
made the list interesting and lively.  We also have silent members who show
their support by just being subscribed to the list and stir to life when
called upon.  They play an important role too for we cannot have everyone
posting to the list.  There is a group, however, which I would like to send
special thanks to – the Goanet admin team.  Here’s to our volunteers Vivian
Coelho, Fred Noronha and Eddie Fernandes, who work hard behind the scenes to
ensure our lists run smoothly.  Thank you for all your hard work!

In the future I’d like to see the Goanet community become more involved with
Goan communities worldwide.  Goanet is a unique tool through which we can
work together to help each other.  I’d also like to see more people to
participate in discussions and become more active in our community.
Together we can make this list vibrant and more attractive.

Goanet’s birthday is something for us all to celebrate.  I’d like to invite
you to share your Goanet experience with us.  Whether you are an old-timer
or a new comer, please comment.

Viva Goanet!!!

Best wishes,

- Herman