Dear CyberGoans and well-wishers:

The American Indian Foundation (AIF), http://www.aifoundation.org/ is based in New
York and
founded by former President Bill Clinton.  AIF is collaborating with Goa Sudharop
(www.goasudharop.org) to send volunteers to Goa to work on community, charitable and
developmental
projects.  AIF recognizes Goa Sudharop as a significant partner in issues related to
sustainable
development, charitable and community issues.  We welcome our new volunteers Rina and
Siddharth
who will spend 8-9 months in Goa with Goa Sudharop on various projects starting today.
 They are
USA based college graduates, young and enthusiastic, in their early twenties.  They
are keen to
volunteer in this “Peace Corps” type setting.  I encourage other expat Goans to do the
same.
Please contact me if you are interested.

Speaking of young and enthusiastic, our Board member Daryl Martyris will meet Former
President
Bill Clinton in New York this week in connection with AIF/Goa Sudharop.  Daryl has been
instrumental in promoting various Goa Sudharop projects.  We wish him well as he
begins his
Masters degree at Harvard University this month.  I also want to thank Daryl for his
work on the
Goa Sudharop supported E-DOC center at Goa Desc in Mapusa.  Along with Roland, Lillian
(at Goa
Desc) and Ashley, Mario, Tom (at Goa Sudharop), they have taken an important step
forward in
consumer information and rights in Goa.

Board changes: Aristo Coelho, Phd., has joined the Board of Directors effective August
2002.
Thank you to Raissa DeMay for her service, help, support, and assistance since guiding
Goa
Sudharop from inception till her recent term conclusion.

Green Cross:  On behalf of the Board of Directors I am pleased to announce that we are
supporting
Green Cross in Goa by funding its activities.  Green Cross is headed by Nirmal
Kulkarni (young and
enthusiastic too!) and his group of 16-25 year olds.  Green Cross is working to
preserve wildlife
in Goa.  I had the privilege of seeing one of their snake demonstrations during my
visit last
month to the Mark Fernandes School in Calangute.  Many of the 200 students in
attendance benefited
from the lesson and overcame some of their fears and myths of snakes.

Thank you all for you support.

Sincerely,
George Pinto

=====