Those who feel that India is a country where human rights of its own and world citizens are considered, I would like to draw the attention that India has since its inception followed a very dubious role. Under apartheid, India was very vocal against the racists in South Africa. Besides having a large Indian presence there they surreptiously dealt with the South Africa importing vital metals and other goods while at the same time boycotting the country. It was a sham. Today, India reaps huge benefits from the S.A. economy and is respected as a leader of the Third World.

      In the Middle East, we befriend the Arabs who employ vast numbers of our citizens. We import their oil and I am certain that some Iraqi Oil finds its way to India clandestinely. We ignore for our own benefit the Human Rights of the Palestinians who are undergoing opression (worse than that experienced by Blacks in SA during colonial domination). We cannot have our cake and eat it.

        India has been on very friendly terms with Israel and this yearly influx of its citizens (many of who live on the coastal belt of Goa smoking a flagrant weed that puts them in a daze) ought not to be tolerated in the interest of boosting our tourist industry. It appears that the Goa and Indian Government like harlots will seek to bolster its economy  by immoral means - just like is done in a brothel.

     I would like to see India put a ban on Israeli tourists who are barred from most countries where they can travel cheaply.

    Edgar Martins
CHARTERED FLIGHTS: Setting speculations at rest, around 360 chartered
flights, majority of them from United Kingdom, have confirmed their
schedule for this season. The first chartered flight from the UK will
arrive on October 13, according to the director of Tourism, Mr
Suryanarayan, who said that a leading travel firm from Bahrain has also
shown its inclination for operating a chartered flight to Goa this season.
Besides, he said, Israel and Russia will be two additional destinations to
operate chartered flights to Goa. (NT)