You can post to GoaNet. Send in your views and comments to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

What a coincidence. Just the other day, I was going
through late Prof. Frank D'Souza's book and came
across his essay on the chilli. The title, The
Episcopal Chilli, a title given because the Bishop of
Mumbai, Simon Pimenta, asked him to pen the essay.
The surname Pimenta comes from the the Portuguese word
(I forget) and also has origin in Mexico.
He says the chilli was indegenous to Mexico while the
Portugues claim it is theirs, but it's open to doubt.
Frank wrote on many fruits and vegetables, and his
essays are a veritable feast for reading.

Eugene Correia

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/
What's On In Goa:
* Oct 26-Oct 30: Painting exhibition, Kala Academy art gallery.
* Oct 28: Panjim Passport Office shifts to new EDC Complex premises.
* Oct 29-31: Sale of polytechnic trainees garments, Govt Polytech, Panjim
* Oct 29-31: Films on architect Le Corbusier, Goa Col. of Architecture
* Nov 1-17: Swimming classes for children, others. SAG pool, Fatorda
* Nov 1: Antonio Costa's painting exhibition, Fundacao Oriente 6.30pm
* Nov 4: Book release, on Dr Gama Pinto, Lourdes Convent Saligao