Goa's phone numbers change from Nov 10, 2002. Prefix old number with a 2. New numbers
will be seven-digit 2XXXXXX (where XXXXXX is the old number).

DESMOND NAZARETH <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> is a US-based, IIT-Madras educated
mechanical engineer whose heart is into film-making. One of his present
ideas is to work on issues related to Portuguese colonial history in India
and Sri Lanka.

Under the working title of 'Souls and Spice', the movie plan is in an
early stage. "We've got some 40 hours of footage, two-thirds of it is
interviews and one-third is location shooting. Our plan is to have 60
hours, before we cull that down into a one-hour proposal. Our ultimate
goal is a documentatary series of six to seven hours," says he.

Des, whom we ran into here, adds: "People say, why not take on a simple
project and make a movie on it. But there are hundreds of people doing
that. There's no challenge. This is a subject where I don't have the
answers...."

He can be contacted via email <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> or tel 6342814 or 9820
426035 (cell). He lives at Versova in Mumbai when in India. (ENDS)
--
Frederick Noronha * Freelance Journalist * Goa * India 832.409490 / 409783
--

Hardware, n.:
        The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.

What's On In Goa (WOIG):
Nov 06 Children's book exhibn opens, Walkabout, Anjuna... (all weekdays)
Nov 06 ArtHouse, Calangute: Chaitali's acrylics on canvas till 19.11
Nov 07 Revision of electoral rolls (till Nov 30) See schedule.
Nov 07 Creative science, for children, Goa Sc Centre (till 16.11)
Nov 10 Corporate summit on IT and biotechnology, Intl Centre (till 11.11)
Nov 17 Goan Engineers and Assoc meet, at Pickering, Canada.
Nov 20 Fr Agnelo's 75th death anniversary, Pilar
Dec 01 Two day conference, Goa Agenda. IT For Society. (Ends 2.12)
Every Sunday: Music therapy sessions at Moira, 5 pm. 278, N.Portugal