In a message dated 01/03/2003 2:33:37 PM EST, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<  Hazel has been very ill since August ...  --  we shifted her  to the
CIPLA
  FOUNDATION for palliative care of cancer patients at Warje, Pune on
December
  17th and with their care and attention they were able to relieve the pain
she was
  enduring ...   --since December 30th she was in no pain, but the cancer had
spread
  to her lungs and she had difficulty breathing  --  she breathed her last
yesterday  --
 January 2nd at 10:00  --  After a Mass at the hospice this morning her
  body  was cremated at Pune  today  --

  We will have the seventh day Mass here at St Stephen's Church and then
  take her ashes down to Goa where they will be interred in the niche at
  Porvorim after Mass, probably on January 26th  >>

Dear Deepika and Aloysius:

Please accept our heartfelt condolences and sympathies on the sad death of
your mother and wife, Hazel.

We are born in pain and die in pain -- sometimes relieved by medical
intervention. But, we believe that there is a Better Life After Death and you
and other grieving family members should take comfort and solace in this
belief.

Please be assured of our prayers. We are also copying this to the Catholic
Goan Network <www.catholic-goan-network.net>

Eternal Rest Grant Unto the Soul of Hazel, O Lord, and Let Perpetual Light
Shine Upon Her. May Her Soul and the Souls of all The Faithful Departed, Rest
in Peace, AMEN.

Prayerfully yours,

Clare & Pat de Sousa
Maryland, USA
WANT TO check out which mailing lists you could subscribe to? Send a blank email
message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]