----Original Message Follows----
From: "Paul Amoro" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Name changing
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 09:41:17 +0000

Why are Goans arguing over silly matters such as renaming the cities and places. Goans should concentrate and argue over road infrastructure, street lighting, water scarcity, garbage tackling, etc etc. Some idiots have changed names such as Madras to Chennai, Mumbai to Bombay to inflict religious and communal problems - dont u see it? However Karmali is known as Carambolim and perhaps the fruit 'Carambolas' as our Bab Rene mentions must be originating from Carambolim.

Amchem konkanin bhaxen ami muntao

Mapusa = Mapchem, Calangute = Congottim, Margao = Modgoam,

Paulo

Not Kolngutey, Mhapshyanh and Madgaon but Congutti,
Mapshea and Modganv... and surely people like Jorge Abreu Noronha could
give us more phonetically-correct spellings. My own education was mostly in the phonetically-far-from-accurate English language. (That too, in Goa, which makes it phonetically even more inaccurate!)