TidBits.004 ( Tourist Visa )

And any one wanting to visit India, especially the state of Kerala, must
ensure the type of visa one is applying for. Indian Visas of late have
become item specific and are not transferable, in that,   if  you are  a
businessman and if you are visiting India on a business visa, you must
confine  yourself to  business activities only, good or bad. You can  rest
assured that no questions will be asked and no one is going to give you a
notice to leave the country  within seven days, far less put you behind bars
even if you are peddling drugs. But if you so much as go to  a church  or a
masjid to offer prayers,   and  if you are seen mixing around  with other
devotees, far less talking or preaching to them,  be ready to be knifed,
beaten blue and black and slapped with a notice to leave the country within
seven days whether you are fit to travel or not. And even if the rouges who
have knifed you and beat you up are put behind bars,  they will be free
before you take the first step of the  ramp leading to  the  plane which is
flying you home.

And, there must be a long list of questions that go along with an
application for a visa to visit India. Like, which hotel are you going to
stay in. Who own's the hotel. What religion do the hotel owners belong to.
Are you a Christian, a Muslim.? Do you have many Christian, Muslim,  friends
in India?. Are you a businessman?  Will you be selling drugs?. Are you going
to carry any with you? Which state in India will you  be doing business in?.
(Free extension of visa if you will do business in New Delhi, specially with
the Defence Ministry). A demolition expert? Can you demolish churches and
Mosques in record time?  Will you be touring while'st on business?. Is it a
legitimate or illegitimate business? Is this business anything to do with a
Muslim or a Christian God? (If so, please note  that all businesses relating
to Gods other than the Hindu Gods  are permanently  closed down  in India by
virtue of India being a Hindu Rashtra and visas permanently denied). Are you
a University professor, a doctor, a animal lover, an IIT'an? (Please note
that while you are on a tourist visa in India, you will not be allowed to
deliver a lecture in the university or a college or address fellow IIT'ans
if you happen to be one,  or engage in any academic events while'st on a
tourist  visa, likewise,  you will  not be  allowed to attend to a serious
accident victim to save a life even  if you happen to be  the only doctor
available at the site of the accident. And if you are a animal lover, you
are not allowed to  kick a  stray dog even   if one is eyeing you in the
intent of a decent  meal.

And if you are a pedophile,  a bird watcher ( either  the winged variety
with two legs or the no wings variety with two legs), or any one of those
many many varieties that come on  tourist visas to do everything and
anything, including over-staying in this country and even own houses and
properties and running restaurants and bars and mini-businesses, you have
nothing to worry about so long as you do not mouth the name of Jesus Christ
even as a swear word much less dare to preach in His name cause you will  be
taken as wanting to convert them . And if you be unfortunate to do that, the
same fate that has befallen the Rev. Joseph W. Cooper will make your day if
you are lucky, but mostly expect to get roasted alive like the Staines in
the state of Orissa.

And I wonder what type of visa the US immigration department has given our
dear Chief Minister, Manohar Parrikar to  visit the U.S. of A. and to freely
speak about his political ethics to gaping mouth  ex -IIT'an audience where
back home his winning streak was mainly due to his ingenuity of
successfully deleting  almost 3000 voters names from the Panjim constituency
voter's list in the election that he boasts he won. He should be talking
about the ethics of making a minister out of a person whom he wanted to put
behind bars for sex scandal.  And the American politicians must learn more
from the IIT'an  Goan Chief Minister  how to persuade their   state
governors to disappear from the scene,  if  they are to retain their chairs
while on  foreign trips, like himself. And if that is not all, the American
politicians must be given lessons on how well to finance their foreign
jaunts,  where Goan politicians successfully do just that by allowing
crores of rupees  worth of illegal Rave Parties on the Goan beaches to go
un-hindered  at the cost of the well-being of the people of Goa and in
defiance of the Courts of law.

And if I was a foreigner and if I was wanting to  visit India, I would seek
a visitor's visa. In that case, I would be able not only  to mouth whichever
God I wanted to mouth about to whoever,   but I could also do some stint for
the Devil too. And  no police chief  from no  Kerala would be able to put me
on a plane in a jiffy.

Cheers
Floriano