"Gilbert Lawrence" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I am all in favor of cyberGoans chatting and fully participating in
>the Goanet chat line.

Welcome to Goanet, Gilbert.

>So, can someone tell me why are Goans cracking their heads on "the
>war in Iraq" on the Goanet webpage?

Sorry to state the obvious. Because it is a serious matter that needs
to be debated by everybody.  An international conflict is the concern
of the whole world. Goanet is an international forum where all kinds
of topics are discussed.

>Is George Bush or Saddam Hussein or senior members of their
>administrations reading our messages?

Call me paranoid. But I think Ashcroft and Poindexter are plugged
into every internet forum.

>When you have three Goans/Indians you get five opinions!

Looks like you have indeed found a Goan angle for a discussion about
Iraq, and some of us might even love negative Goan/Indian stereotypes.

>I would rather get three messages on issues related to Goa and Goans
>that one hundred e-mails (informed and uninformed) on the mating
>habits of fruit flies - unless they are Goan fruit flies!

You should subscribe only to receive Goanews or the Goanet Digest.
Many of us love fruit flies, and most love mating habits.

>And there has to be a wise crack sarcastic guy with a harebrained
>sense of humor.

Not just one guy. On Goanet there are several of those. And gals as
well. You are getting this response from the worst of them.

Welcome to Goanet!

Cheers,

Santosh